Sunday, November 7, 2010

You see me carvinnn’, my pumpkin

DSC00189In order to celebrate fall and Halloween, we had a pumpkin carving family night! I actually didn’t go to this family night, but I thought it was blog worthy, so I stole some pictures and got a first hand account from my roommate and friend, Kallie! I did get to talk to the kids about it and have them show off their creations! Kallie said they were all freaked out at first by the feel of the pumpkin seeds and insides, but ended up loving it! It was some of their first times carving pumpkins and it was neat to get to hear them talk about that. We even put them all on the front porch :) Enjoy the pics! Happy fall and Halloween from the DHP :)

IMG_6036

 

 

This pumpkin was grown in the Dale House garden! Ted (the man in the pumpkin) helps out with the garden, and swears it is this big due to great composting! :)

 

 

IMG_6030

 

George, however, had a pumpkin that was the result of bad composting. I think that takes skill to carve!

 

 

 

IMG_6017IMG_6024

 To the left: Darryl, a former resident, and my primary carved a Jordan pumpkin! See the 23 with the Jordan symbol? Pretty impressive :)

 

To the right: Anne and a resident showing off their “winky” pumpkin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment