Saturday, April 10, 2010

NOW SHOWING: 2A plays!

One of my good friends here, Beth, is an amazing teacher. She teaches third grade and I like to steal ideas from her for my classroom! One idea I stole from her was to do plays with my class. She had told me about a study she knew about that showed that kids who are learning English as a second language tend to not be as shy to speak if they are behind a mask or are pretending that someone else, other than themselves, is speaking.

I thought I would give it a try. The kids did awesome! It took us about a month to get everything ready, learn the different plays, make masks, make scenery, practice, and then perform, but it was great. The kids listened to the other students plays well and I think they really did enjoy the plays. I was super proud of them. They were so excited to perform in front of the class. Below are a few pictures from the performance of “The Three Billy Goats Gruff” and “The Three Little Pigs.”

 

DSC08811 DSC08813

No comments:

Post a Comment