Saturday, April 10, 2010

Birthday Party instead of school?

 

No problem!

Birthdays are a big deal here in Honduras. Cake, coke, piñatas, the whole deal. One of my students, Paolo (who I think looks likes my brother Blake when he was a kiddo, minus the blonde hair) turned 8 at the beginning of March. His mother came to me and asked if it was ok if we ended class early on Paolo’s birthday and took the whole class down to the river to celebrate Paolo’s birthday. End class early…celebrate…? WELL OF COURSE! I thought it was a great idea.

 DSC08853

The party was so fun too and the kids just LOVED it. Paolo and I danced (which made the other kiddos laugh their heads off), DSC08840

the kids ate fried chicken and French fries, DSC08851

everyone got a shot at breaking open the piñata (which is such a scary event for supervising adults such as myself because they just slam the stick so hard through the air regardless of the kids that may or may not be under the piñata waiting for that one piece of falling candy!), DSC08857

and then the kids got to swim in the river.

 DSC08886

I am just loving these kids. They are so sweet. I think I enjoy hanging out with them more outside of the classroom, but they are just so precious and fun. They love life and i love getting to share it with them. It is going to be a sad day when I have to say good-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment