Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hoppy Easter!

IMG_8099

Easter is a special time here at the DHP as well as for believers everywhere.

It’s the day we celebrate the resurrection of our Savior.

IMG_8079

IMG_8080IMG_8085It was a really cool experience to get to celebrate Easter with the residents. It was hard to be away from my family and Allan, but I am so thankful that I got to spend it with my DHP family. They are just such special people and have such a  special place in my heart.

Isn’t Bella just adorable?

IMG_8114

Before Easter dinner, we had an Easter service where we sang some songs and then Kevin, Bella, and Grace (Kevin’s daughter) shared the story of Jesus’s death and resurrection with us. It was just precious to see little Bella hold up the different props as Grace told about Jesus dying and raising again for our sins! They told the story just the way I was taught as a little girl..with the props inside the eggs inside the egg carton. I loved it!

IMG_8087

After the service, we had a good ole fashion Easter egg hunt!!

IMG_8088IMG_8090IMG_8098

It was so hilarious to see these 17, 18, 19 year old “hard core” kids running around the yard looking for brightly colored eggs!

IMG_8097

I’m grateful for the sacrifice the Jesus made for us. I am grateful for the chance I have to share that with these kids. I am thankful that Easter is more than just bunnies, eggs, and candy. I am thankful that I was justified by his blood.

The Monday after Easter, my friend Lauren shared a devotion out of Romans 5, talking about the freedom we have because of Jesus. I think you should go read it right now. It’s a great reminder.

I hope everyone had a great Easter and really was able to think back on what Easter really means! May we live in that daily!

IMG_8117

No comments:

Post a Comment