Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Maine Man

IMG_0774

It’s a popular question…Where are y’all going on your honeymoon??

Well, I thought we were going to the Biltmore House.

and that’s what I told everyone.

Turns out Allan had a little trick up his sleeve.

After the wedding, we met my parents in the parking lot to pick up a few things. I had not packed well (meaning lots of things all over the car, lots of bags, nothing organized, etc.) because I thought we would have Allan’s car and I could pack as much as I wanted. As we are saying our goodbyes and Allan is rushing for us to leave, my sweet dad (bless his heart), seeing this packed car, questions… “are you going to park that in long term parking??”

Huh?

“I mean, you know, long term parking at the Biltmore House, uhh, blah, blah, blah.”

Long term parking happens at an airport, which would mean we were flying somewhere? But the Biltmore is driving distance! Confusion set in.

Allan and all his sweetness had planned a surprise honeymoon trip! He had told my parents only a few weeks earlier and they did so good keeping the secret, until the very last minute! But it was still a HUGE surprise to me!

Allan still wouldn’t tell me exactly where we were going until the next morning.

He told me…“We’re going to Maine!”

I said…”Maine??” I was so confused! Who visits Maine? on a honeymoon?

I could not have asked for a better place to go! It was perfect! The weather was crisp and cool (perfect in my definition), the hotel was gorgeous and I felt like a princess, the view was incredible. It was just perfect! Maine is beautiful and there was lots to do! It was fantastic!

Good first move there as a hubby, Al.

Funny story: We were running SO late on Monday morning and were not going to make it to the airport in time to check luggage! I have never seen Allan drive so fast! On the way, we realized that we were not going to have time to park in long term parking (funny, dad, funny), we decided that Allan would drop me off and he would park in hourly parking…yes, HOURLY! (again, funny dad.) and we would try to get a friend to move it for us. As I tried to check in, I realized I didn’t know where in Maine we were going. By the time I got it figured out, we were too late to check luggage. After begging the lady, she let us check out luggage! yay! Clothes! Allan then came in and we ran through the airport to security, went through the first class line (even though we weren’t) and then ran to the gate! We made it! Only to find out the plane was 2 hours delayed. That would have been nice to know. A HUGE thanks to Stephanie Pitt and her parents for moving our car for us to long term parking!! Wow. That was such a big help and gift to us! Thank you!!!!

Here are some photos, MAINEly for my mom : )!

Lobster is EVERYWHERE!IMG_0722

Probably my favorite picture of Allan ever. He was sympathizing with the dead lobster, poor guy. IMG_0724

IMG_0731

We got to go on a bi-plane ride (thanks, Carleton!) and it was super fly ; ) get it?

IMG_0745IMG_0756IMG_0747

Coffee on the porch : ) and a lighthouse (I don’t remember why it’s significant…oops!)

IMG_0777IMG_0792

Blueberries are also everywhere, so we had to sample the blueberry soda, of course!IMG_0806

Whale Watching and Lobster Fishing!

IMG_0816IMG_0850IMG_0820

and finally…the beautiful view from our room!

IMG_0822

It was fannntastic! And not even that sad to leave because I got to come home to our new home together! yay! That’s another post too! I know…I know…way to many posts recently Smile but I am trying to get caught up on my digital scrapbook Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment