Tuesday, January 4, 2011

5 (and a half) month update!

Man, this update is WAY overdue. I am currently sitting with Allan at MUSC as he listens to a lecture about GI/Renal stuff, and I am trying to catch up on the blog! It has been a great 2 week break, but more on that later! I have to do my monthly update first :)

The pas month was hard at the DHP. As you have read in the other posts, Christmas season is just a hard time for the residents. Their attitudes seemed to get worse, almost all the residents were either unemployed, or under-employed, meaning lots of boredom for them, job hunting for the both of us, and just plain frustration all around. I think my attitude was also worse because I knew it was almost time for my break, time to see Allan, time to see Honey and Kessler and my family! It was also a special time though, getting ready for Christmas at the DHP and just getting to share that time with the residents.

A lot happened this past month, so I’m going to recap the past month in photos for you! (much of this is in previous posts)

DSC00305IMG_3321<---Allan came to visit!! He was here to celebrate Thanksgiving and I loved that he got to meet my primaries!

The kids got a chance to knock us out…jousting! Thanks for First Pres for letting us borrow this awesome inflatable jousting ring :)  --->

 

DSC00372163423_521818840418_171700983_30887874_3912026_n<---“John” and I went to see Blue Man Group to celebrate his birthday!

 

We decorate for Christmas by making stockings, decorating a tree, making Christmas’s lists, and putting lights on the house! --->

 

 

IMG_3474IMG_3567  <---We got ready for the Cali trip! Each Christmas the DHP takes the residents to Cali. They go to places like Disney Land, NBA games, The Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, etc.I can’t wait to hear all about it from the residents!! 

I saw the third Chronicles of Narnia in 3D with my team!! --->

 

IMG_3392manly christmas<---The male training staff took an amazing Christmas photo inspired by the Christmas picture from my brother’s training staff year, which still hangs on their fridge!

Kallie and Steph decorated our apartment with a Christmas tree!! --->

 

 

 

IMG_3620IMG_3592<---The DHP staff celebrated Christmas in style! This is the one day a year when George says we have to dress up for work :)   

We wrapped LOTS of presents for our primaries! The DHP gave us $100 to buy gifts plus tons of donations were given to help give these kids a great Christmas! --->

 

DSC00398DSC00406<---I gave John one of his gifts before I left for vacation! A new pair of Jordans :) He was stoked!

 

I made canvases for the girl residents and gave it to them the night before I left! --->

 

DSC00404My uncle donated some money so I could buy some presents for Julie and Adrian! They were excited about their diapers, wipes, clothes and camera! Thanks Uncle T! --->

 

 

 

There you have month 5 (and a half). When I am in the midst of the month, it seems long and hard. I am thankful for the pictures and the time I spend recounting the month. It allows me to really see the good things and fun times that were had throughout the month. I often get blinded by the frustrating things of working at the DHP, but it is clear that the Lord is working and I am here for a purpose. I am continuously reminded of his care for me and these residents. Thank you guys for supporting me and encouraging me when I am down. I know I say it a lot, but I seriously cannot believe I only have 5 months left! Thanks for your continued prayers! Come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment