Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy Birthday!

To the world’s greatest woman!

DSC02110DSC01286

 

She’s a great mom…did the the normal great mom things…DSC02221made a lot of packed lunches, washed a lot of clothes, folded a lot of clothes, cleaned the house, cooked dinner, bandaged cuts, read us books, came to our sporting/school events, etc., etc., etc., but she is a lot more than those normal things.

She loves so well. She loves so much. She taught me how to love. She supports, encourages, listens, cares, hopes, prays, visits foreign countries where she thinks she can’t pee anywhere :) (haha), has interest in my life, loves to be with family, gives, has patience, forgives, rejoices in the good, is kind, and the list could continue. She’s just awesome.

Being at the DHP has made me realize how lucky I am to have a mother that cares about me and has interest in my life. I have talked to 2 mothers of the residents since I have been here—and their child is in jail. It amazes me. I am so blessed to have the example of motherhood that I have in my life. I am thankful she is my mama and I am thankful she was born on this day 58 years ago!

 

PS…Linda in Spanish means beautiful…I think that is a good definition :)

Her children rise up and call her blessed, and her husband gives her praise”

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Abby. Thank you so much for your sweet words. I am the blessed one!! I am so grateful to the Lord for allowing me the opportunity to be a mother. I have loved that "job." (Still do) I love you so very much, Mom
    PS I think I need to work on my wardrobe-I have the same top on in every picture...:)

    ReplyDelete