Monday, February 1, 2010

Grill Fail #2

We thought we had the problem solved.

After talking with the people who grill corn on the street corner for a living and the people who own the local “Asados (grilled) Copan” for grilling tips, I thought for sure we were going to have grilled chicken for dinner. Both people gave me pieces of this wood called “ocote” that they use to start their fires, which lead to delicious food.

We had also decided that it would be a good idea to drill holes in the grill for more air ventilation. So Allan carefully drilled 16 holes in the grill. He had to do it in his house, because outdoor plugs are hard to come by here. At least he wore eye-gear! IMG_0340IMG_0338

Well, the holes did seem to help, but sadly enough, we did not have enough ocote to catch on fire. The experts told me I needed a good heep of it, but the man who sells it in town had already closed down his store, so we were forced to use the small amount that the corn-man donated to us. Oh well! I think we are getting close!

Third times a charm…I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment