Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kmart Kicks!

DSC09220This could quite possibly be the best picture I have taken in Copan.

Remember Jimmy, the little boy at the rodeo who won 20 USD? Well, Jimmy’s 9th birthday was last month and thanks to my special friends, the Kiblers, I was able to give Jimmy a very special birthday present that left him smiling and strutting his new kicks.  I mean, just check out that pose. Hello America’s Next Top Model, I found your next contestant.

I was taking a shower and heard people singing “Happy Birthday” on my roof. Turns out that 2 of my friends were up there hanging out with Jimmy and singing because, well, it was his birthday! It was so fun to get to wrap up some presents (thanks to some clothing donations from friends in the USA!) and watch Jimmy unwrap what might have been his very firsts birthday presents. Socks, underwear, shorts, t-shirts and shoes!. Jimmy could not have been happier. What a sight it was! He proudly stuffed all of this new things into his school book bag and asked for help to zip it shut :)

I have been so touched by knowing Jimmy. He has nothing, yet, I have I never seen him without the world’s biggest smile spread across his face. It is the Spirit of the Lord in Jimmy’s life, whether he knows it yet or not. I am so thankful that the Lord loves the little children like Jimmy!

“Let the little children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the kingdom of God belongs to those who are like Jimmy….Then he took the children into his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them.” Mark 10: 14-16

1 comment:

  1. thanks for this post! great to read something so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete