Monday, December 21, 2009

Those are some OLD rocks!


Thanks to the Mayan Ruins, Copan Ruinas is on the map. As of December, we had yet to visit these famous ruins. I took care of that though and went 2 days in a row! Once with the other teachers and the next day with my students :) The ruins are pretty cool and super old!
Allan and I on the center temple thing :)
We got to climb it too!



The fieldtrip with my students was really fun. They were SUPER pumped and could hardly contain themselves.Check out this picture of 20 kids plus 2 adults in a 15 passenger van :)
It was really cute because they were allowed to wear jeans, sunglasses, and hats, so it showed a more of their own little personalities. Before we left, we were reviewing rules and how we should act while at the ruins. My favorite rule that I had to create with my 2nd grade students was "No talking on your cell phone." Thats right...about 8 of my second grade students had cell phones that the administration allowed them to bring with them in case of emergency. The kids did a great job listening and paying attention though. It was a fun way to end the first part of the year too!

Second grade "A"!

1 comment:

  1. COMMMMMMMMENTS :)

    WE NEED MORE NEWS FROM COPAN!

    love you guys!
    steph

    ReplyDelete