Monday, December 21, 2009

B-I-N-G-O

One day about a month ago, 4 puppies were brought to Mayatan. They were there running around the next day too. And the next day. I was starting to feel sorry for the pups getting chased, passes, hugged, handled, and petted by 150 primary and secondary students. I didn't think they were going to make it!I finally decided to ask what the puppies were doing at school.

"They are prizes for Bingo." "So will they be here until Bingo? Its in a month!" "Yep..."

This year, Mayatan had their 2nd annual Christmas Bingo Fundraiser event. It was a packed house. Lots and lots of people came out to play bingo and win some good prizes (and possibly a dog!) The event was supposed to start at 6:30. Well at 6:15, the power in the whole town went out. That didn's stop Bingo! People still came, bought tickets in the dark, found seats in the dark, bought food in the dark, and about an hour later, the power came back on and we started to play!


I even bought a card to play so I could have a chance at some prizes!

It was a great idea to keep the puppies at Mayatan for a month before the event because the kids went crazy when the announcer said the next prize was one of the puppies! The kids all loved the dogs! One of Allan's students, Carlos, actually won one of the dogs. He was really excited..but I don't know how excited his mother was. I got to hold him for a little while...and I made him play a round of Bingo for me :)

It was a really fun event. Lots of people participated, it was good practice for my Spanish numbers and I even won a prize! (luckily, not a dog!) Santa showed up too to deliver the prizes. He took a picture with Allan, Beto, and Victor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment