Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Daddy’s Girl

I’m going to tell you guys a secret.

One reason I love going to weddings is because I know I am going to get to dance with my dad.

and all little girls like to dance with their daddies, even 24 year olds.

If any of you at all know my father, you know he is quite the character. You never really know what he is going to say, and you never really can believe he said it when he did!!

What you may not know about my dad, however, is that he is one of the most faithful men on earth. He is faithful to my mom. He is faithful to his family. He is faithful to his friends. He is faithful to his work.

If I have learned one thing from my dad, it is how a man should love a woman. He cherishes my mom. He adores her. He wants to go grocery shopping just so he can be with her. He loves her as if they just started dating. He still has that excitement for their relationship and wants my mom to feel cared for. I think this is rare in relationships these days, especially for people their age, and I am so happy that I got to grow up under that example. I know how I should be loved and didn’t settle because of my father’s example.

DSC04563

 

One of my favorite parts of being home with everyone is getting to see how Honey Cate and Kessler just LOVE pops. They say his name and just start laughing. They love him because he loves them so well. He plays all sorts of games with them and tickles them and head bangs with them until they are shaking with laughter. I don’t know how a 60 year old man has that kind of energy, but it is to fun to watch! I think his love for his grandkids is just a small example of the man he is.

 

I realized over the past year that I take my dad SO for granted. Not only was I surrounded by residents who had never met their fathers, seen their fathers, talked to their fathers, or who even knew who their fathers were, I also had 2 co-workers who lost their fathers at young ages. I am so blessed to know my dad, talk to my dad, be loved by my dad, and have my dad around, in my life, part of my life, sharing my life, wanting to be in my life

I heard this cheesy saying once, but I like it…

“Everyone has a father, but not everyone has a daddy.”

I have a daddy…a great daddy…for whom I am very thankful.

I love you daddy. Happy father’s day.

DSC04589

No comments:

Post a Comment