Saturday, September 11, 2010

Charleston Charm

  DSC09917Last weekend, I got to go visit Allan in Charleston for a long labor day weekend and to celebrate his 24th birthday! My excitement was pretty uncontrollable and the lady next to me on the plane even told me I could get off before her because she could tell I couldn’t wait! :)

DSC09906

It was a good (too short) visit but I am thankful for the time! We got to hang out with his family, look at wedding dresses with his sister (who is getting married in March!!), see Allan’s school (I told Allan he would appreciate this picture in 4 years!)….DSC09912

hang out with Missy Rich….(as well as the other awesome Rich sisters and our awesome waitress…)…

 DSC06807

(this picture is from last year in Wilmington but our Charleston picture didn’t turn out well :(  )

visit my parents in Myrtle Beach, (they have been getting in shape after my dad’s fall!)…

                                            DSC09924      DSC09927

ride bikes, eat boiled peanuts (yum!), shoot bow and arrow, visit a cool park and get lots of mosquito bites :) (there are no mosquitoes in CO!)

 

                                            DSC09933 DSC09934

 

I’m thankful for the time I did have! It was hard to leave, but the Lord continues to be faithful—giving me feelings of excitement about seeing the DHP kids when I returned and reminders of his love for me and these kids I am working with! I am super thankful for airplanes though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment