Sunday, January 17, 2010

It’s the most wonderful time of the year!

We were so happy to get to go back home for Christmas and spend some time with our family and friends! I do love the good ole USA and all the comforts, paved streets, large grocery stores, and English speakers that are around.

I was so excited to go home! When we landed in ATL, I heard talk of the plane to RDU being cancelled and I was bummed. I didn’t want to believe it and then I received a text from my mom confirming the sad news! I just wanted to go home to NC! But…it ended up working out so much better. After waiting in a ridiculously long line to be re-booked, free-of-charge to the little town in GA where we were planning on driving to the next day for Allan’s cousins wedding! It was a crazy “welcome back to the USA” experience for me as we got picked up at the airport (in the freezing weather!) and driven to this gorgeous hotel with one of the biggest Christmas tree’s I have ever seen! I had a total of about 70 pounds of luggage with me, but NOTHING I needed for the wedding the next day (because I was planning on coming from NC!) Luckily, hotels have toothpaste, toothbrushes, deoterant, razors, and anything else you need for personal hygiene. Luckily women always bring more than one pair of shoes with them (because I was able to borrow a pair!) and luckily (and thankfully!) Allan’s mom was able to bring me a dress! The wedding was beautiful and it was fun to spend some time with Allan’s family. DSC08452

Getting back to NC was awesome. Christmas in the Hill house hold was a little bit different this year with 2 new little ones but I LOVED it! We could not stop talking about Honey Cate and Kessler and every little movement they made made us all laugh, say “awwww” and keep starring. :) It was super fun. We fought over who got to hold them and I normally won! (Praise the Lord!) I couldn’t choose which pictures to post :) Sorry!

DSC01785 DSC01840  DSC01872 DSC01875  

We had the annual “Hill Holiday Holla” party again this year and like always, its so nice to see old friends and catch up a little by the T.V. fire. I also love the 2 hours before the “holla” when we are all deciding how crazy we can dress. Honey Cate rocked some of my mom’s old clip-on stocking earrings. They were awesome. Drew wore some boxers with bells on the bottoms (unfortunately they are not in the family picture!). Blake, Natalie, and Ashley just looks good every year :) I’m so blessed to have such a fun family.

DSC08466 DSC08471

DSC08485

Christmas Eve is also one of my favorite traditions…going to the Country to Aunt Anne’s house and eating her whipped cream/strawberry covered Angel Food cake that she makes especially for me. Below is a picture of my cousins and us with my Meemaw and Aunt Anne.

DSC01889 

My family does our “Christmas Day” on Christmas Eve so on actual Christmas day, I got to go to Augusta to meet Allan’s Grandma, “Ging-Ging” and hang out with his family. This was such a special time for me. I really loved meeting her and getting to spend Christmas with his family. Mother/Daughter relationships are so unique and getting to watch his mother love her mother was awesome. Thanks for letting me be a part of that!

DSC08486

We made the drive back from Augusta on Christmas day too…and ate a wonderful Christmas dinner at Sonic…complete with pellet ice :)

DSC08489

and the New Years Bash….Murder Mystery 2010. Thank you so much Mistopher and Blackberry “woman” for helping to organize the grand fiesta. It was awesome to be with friends (sadly enough, Allan couldn’t be there cause he was in SC!) and ring in the new year! We all knew Stephanie was the murderer all along…well maybe she didn’t know! 

 DSC08540

 

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. I know this is way over due :) but better late than never!

1 comment:

  1. yay! i made it on the blog!!! i'm so glad i got to see you when you came back to the states! keep having fun down there! also, i loved the post with all the suitcases... so endearing!

    ReplyDelete